herbal tonics

Renew yourself inside and out with teas and tonics that tantalize and invigorate.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

bend winterfest thanks to local artists

forgot my camara so this is a quick ending shot from phone.
Thanks to all that made the Bend Winterfest happen!


They did a great job putting on a big event, with all of the races, ice carving, rail jam, Metal Mulisha, live music, OMSI, wine tasting, art and food vendors, and many other details to orchestrate.  These kinds of events take a huge amount of energy by everybody involved.  But they are always worth the effort.  Right?

I was absolutely amazed by some of the beautiful products created by local artists.  And considering the perfect winter weather called to order for the event and hazardous roads along with it, the turnout of people was amazing. 
But you know the part I liked the best?  The great people I met!
Here are a few that stood out:
www.newportavemarket.com did an amazing job building a beautiful display, even bringing in the famous purple cow, and generously handing out delicious samples.  Thanks for supporting all of us!
www.YogaIndigo.com is the website of one on one yoga with Jeannie Laslo.  I am taking my sister to try out a yoga session SOON.
www.kristinabak.com is the site for Kristina who doing healing work.  This is another connection I was really thankful to make.
www.idacupcakecafe.com is the site for Ida who had a lovely booth right next to me.  Ida was such a dear and gave me a new love for heavenly cupcakes.  I’ve discovered they go very nicely with tea!
www.taylorsausage.com/bend had the booth on the other side of me.  Tasty!  And those guys were some of the most popular people there with their generous samples of top notch sausage.  Thanks for feeding us so well.
www.cinderconeclaycenter.com is where you can find more pottery by John Kinder.  We traded teas for a well-balanced WinterFest pottery mug I am cherishing but fighting with my husband over.
www.organiccoffee.com kept us stocked with hot water for our tea when we ran out on Saturday.

I love all the grass roots local stuff being created and supported in this great area.  Local is awesome!

There are many more that are just not coming to mind at the moment.  But thanks to all for the huge efforts and great visits.

No comments:

Post a Comment