herbal tonics

Renew yourself inside and out with teas and tonics that tantalize and invigorate.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Arnica montana flower and tincture


Arnica flower and tincture

What is arnica?  Arnica Montana is a high mountain meadow plant well known and documented in Germany and many parts of the world for its quick healing abilities.  (the German nickname for it means “stand up and walk home.”) It’s bright yellow flowers are used in external applications for pain and inflammation. This herb is the most powerful, quick working medicine I know for inflammations, bumps, bruises, and injury pain.  
We have used it for years in my family as the kids have grown and been active in sports.  It is also good for sprains and sore muscles, and reported to help with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.  It helps relieve the pressure, pain and swelling of injuries on location.*  The earlier after injury that it can be applied the better.  Think of it as your ice pack.  It is recommended that it not be used internally, or on open wounds or broken skin.  

It is available in the form of ointment, tincture, or homeopathically in your local grocery health section.  Here at T’s Tonics, we offer fresh wild-harvested arnica in a spray form making it easy to apply without touching sensitive areas as well as quick to soak in. A few drops of therapeutic peppermint oil acts as a “driver oil” and works synergistically with the arnica to go in deep to stop swelling at the cellular level.  Whatever form you choose, this is a good tool to have on hand for those unexpected bumps, bruises and pains that come along.
*This information is for educational purposes only and not to diagnose, treat or cure any diseases. 

Arnica testamonials
“My wife sprayed it on my back which has been in pain and almost instantly it gave relief.  2 hours of no pain.  It was like a miracle.” –Antonio T.
“My arms and hands were going to sleep on me at night.  After I sprayed it on the back of my neck, I slept through the night without any numbness.” – Charity H.
“My fingers give me fits sometimes because of overworking and arthritis.  The arnica spray is very helpful at reducing swelling and discomfort.” If I use it after working hard, I will not wake up the next day as sore as I am without using it.” – Dennis H.
“It gave relief soon after spraying it on my knee injury.” –Steve
“I use the arnica spray on my inflamed skin dermatitis.  T’s Tonics is more potent and works better than other arnicas I have used.” –Marjorie O

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this blog. If you want to buy Mountain Escape Bath Teas Lavender Arnica, you've come to the right place. This tea is a natural bath tea that helps soothe and relax the body. This gentle bath tea is ideal for anyone who wants to enjoy a spa day at home. For more info, visit our website.

    Buy Revive Repair Anti-Aging and Brightening Face Oil

    ReplyDelete